Page Updated: August 15, 2023
- Academic competence through academic integrity, higher order thinking, and integration of multiple perspectives
- Competence in professional writing consistent with publication standards
- Professional competence through a strong professional counselor identity, professional conduct, ethical behavior, leadership, and advocacy.
- Clinical competence through theoretically based conceptualization, judgment and skills, responsiveness to culturally, linguistically, and developmentally diverse clients, integration and application of feedback, and utilization of community resources.
- Personal growth development through self-awareness of inter/intrapersonal relationships, deconstruction of biases, acceptance of ambiguity, and commitment to wellness.
MED Higher Education
- Use and critique theory for advocacy purposes
- Knowledge application and integration
- Design and evaluate effective educational interventions
- Leadership ability
- Design/use assessment results to inform for improvement
- Application of theory to practice
- Pedagogical practices
- Leadership promoting social advocacy/community engagement
- Evidence-based clinical skills
- High quality research and dissemination
PhD/EdD Higher Education
- Assess, develop, implement, and evaluate strategies
- Advanced oral and written communication
- Resource management of people, physical/financial assets
- Produce and use theory-driven research/practices
- Multi-cultural/diversity competencies