Page Updated: August 19, 2021
Human Resources is broken up into several different areas that handle different aspects of Human Resources.
Hiring and Recruitment:
Staff - Talent Acquisition
All information for preparing and publishing a job vacancy as well as interviewing and hiring is located on the Posting a Position page. Interview Process and Quick Reference Guide for hiring are all located on the HR system website.
Faculty/Adjuncts - Academic Resources
The People Admin system assists departments in faster processing of employment information, more detailed screenings of applicants, and to monitor the status of an applicant through the hiring process. Faculty Hiring System Departmental User's Guide, Faculty Hiring step-by-step and Adjunct Hiring step-by-step guides assist administrators through the detailed process.
Forms related to Faculty Hiring
- VPAA-131 Faculty Recruitment Request and Offer Letter Approval
- VPAA-132 Request for Authority to Extend Offer of Appointment
- New Faculty Onboarding Checklist
- New Faculty Offer Letter Addendum
- New Librarian Faculty Offer Letter
- New Librarian Faculty Offer Addendum
Forms related to Adjunct Hiring
- Adjunct Recruitment Request Form
- Adjunct Hiring Process Presentation
- Adjunct Offer Letter Template
- Adjunct Appointment Addendum Letter
Other Faculty Information
- Professional Research Hiring Process
- Job Description for Research Professor/Research Scientist/Postdoctoral Research Scientist Titles
- Faculty Recruitment and Hiring Expenses Reimbursement
- Dean's Welcome Letter Template for New Faculty
- Department Chair Offer Letter Template
- Dual Employment Request
Student Positions - Career Center
Staff information under Total Rewards:
- Job descriptions/Pay plans
- Staff Equity Adjustment Request
- Staff Job Classification/Reclassification Form
- Staff Supplemental (Task) Pay form
For Faculty Supplemental Compensation is handled through Academic Resources in the Office of the Provost.
(VPAA-11B) Faculty Task/Augmentation Pre-Authorization Form
(VPAA-11C) Endowed Professor/Chair Additional Pay Request
Task Augmentation Certification Form - required at the conclusion of a task or augmentation period.
HR Benefits can assist employees - both Faculty and Staff with questions regarding Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plans.
Staff and Faculty Leave:
Retirement and Termination:
Campus HR can assist with the Termination process. Faculty Resignation Acceptance Template and the Staff clearance or exit form should be completed at termination. The Off-boarding process is for both staff and faculty.
The Faculty departure checklist must be completed for all departing faculty members.
Termination ePARs should be processed in the system to remove employees from Payroll. For Faculty termination ePAR questions contact Academic Resources.