2021 Early Start Summer Bridge Opportunity
Early Start is a 5-week summer residential program that offers newly admitted first-year students an opportunity to earn up to six (6) hours of graded credit before the Fall semester begins. Students who are selected for the Early Start program will enroll alongside their peers in 3-6 hours of coursework during the summer 5W2 session. On top of the academic benefits, here are some other perks of joining Early Start:
- You can earn up to 6 credit hours to get a head start on your degree.
- Free room and board during the program
- Receive FREE textbooks and UNT gear
- Build a community with other students who are similarly motivated
- Attend daily gatherings that foster community and allow you to dive deeper into your academic experience at UNT.
Any incoming freshman student already admitted to the University of North Texas is eligible to apply. First-generation and low-income students are encouraged to apply.
Early Start is held during Summer Session II (July 5 – August 6) and includes classroom instruction, tutoring, academic coaching, mentoring, and various workshops designed to help students transition more smoothly into university life.
|Important Dates to Remember|
|February 15||Application Available Online; Rolling Admission Begins|
|March 19||Priority Application Deadline|
|MAY 14||Final Application Deadline|
|MAY/JUNE||Early Start students must attend ANY ORIENTATION SESSION BEFORE JUNE 24th|
|June 30||Summer Financial Aid Deadline|
|July 5||Program Kick-Off!|
|July 6||Summer II Classes Begin|
|August 6||FINAL EXAMS; Summer Program Ends|
|August 23||Fall classes begin|