Let us help you get back on track!
The first year of college can be challenging and this past year threw a few more curve balls than anyone might have expected. If you had a tough semester and were placed on Academic Alert after the Fall 2020 session, and are likely facing probationary status at the end of the spring, you should apply for the Summer Scholars program.
WHO ARE SUMMER SCHOLARS?
Summer Scholars are rising sophomores who are committed to improving their academic foundation here at UNT. Students will reside in Sante Fe or Traditions Residence Hall over the first 5-week summer session and work with academic peer mentors as they participate in weekly workshops and community study sessions.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE SUMMER SCHOLARS PROGRAM?
The Summer Scholars Program provides participants an opportunity to:
- enroll in 6 credit hours during the 5W1 session
- live and eat on campus for FREE!
- receive structured academic support from program staff including peer academic mentors
- participate in weekly workshops designed to help you strengthen your life and academic skill set
HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAM COST?
- FREE housing (double occupancy) and meals (unlimited meal plan) for students participating in the residential program. Summer Scholars will live in Sante Fe or Traditions.
- FREE $1,000 stipend – to be applied to your student account, may assist with tuition/fees
- Students are responsible for tuition and fees for 6 hours
Students needing assistance with tuition and fees may appeal directly to Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (SFAS).
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA?
The Summer Scholars program is open to rising sophomores. To be eligible, students must:
- be enrolled during the Spring 2021 semester;
- have a UNT CGPA below the 2.0 minimum threshold at the end of the Spring 2021 semester;
- be able to raise their UNT CCGPA to a 2.0 or better with 6 hours of new or repeated coursework by the end of the summer 5W1 session;
- have no prior term balance
- agree to regularly attend class, all program workshops/meetings, and requisite study sessions.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM
We held several information sessions in April. If you were unable to attend, check out the recording below. This 11-minute video will answer most basic frequently asked questions. After watching, email SummerScholars@unt.edu with additional questions.
WHO CAN I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS AFTER ATTENDING/VIEWING THE INFORMATION SESSION?
All interested students are strongly encouraged to view the short information session recording first as many basic questions will be answered by the general presentation. After reveiwing the video, send additional questions to : email@example.com. Or, if you are ready to apply, click the link below!
Thank you, advisors, for supporting candidates for the upcoming' Summer Scholars program. As you visit with students interested in the program, we appreciate your time submitting the form below which will outline their eligibility. If you have any questions or feedback on the program/process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.