Goal: Help faculty, staff, and academic administrators develop common language and understanding surrounding diverse populations in order to meaningfully appreciate historical perspectives and narratives of others.
Here are the options to fulfill fall 2020 training requirement:
- Complete at least two of three courses available through UNT Bridge. Participants can expect to spend a total of three (3) hours. These are online and self-paced. Each course will have an assessment component at the end. The assessment will need to be completed in order to meet the requirements.
- Participate in and complete one of the synchronous trainings offered by the Division of Institutional Equity & Diversity’s Diversity and Inclusion Team (the required EEO training does not fulfill this requirement). The dates and registration for these trainings can be found in UNT Bridge.
- Faculty and staff who are participating in the Diversity & Inclusion Council and Inclusion, Equity, and Community Building Series (IECB) participants will meet requirement based on their twenty (20) hour training requirement.
- This five (5) module series starts Friday, October 16, 2020 and each module runs from 1PM - 5PM.
- Participants must attend each module in proposed order.
- Registration deadline: Friday, October 2, 2020
- Register HERE via Bridge
- Faculty Success will host three (3) guest speakers during the fall 2020 semester. Attending and participating in one of three guest speaker seminars and completing the assessment at the end of the webinar/seminar will meet the criteria for the fall 2020 training.
- Colleges/Departments also have the option of hosting their own learning development opportunities in lieu of the options listed above. The expectation is that the training or workshop be at least two (2) hours in length with the opportunity for discussion among the group. If you would like guidance or consultation on this option please reach out to our team at Faculty.Success@unt.edu.