Recorded Webinar: A Comprehensive Learner Record For All: How The University of North Texas Recognizes and Rewards Marketable Skills with Open Badges. Concentric Sky (makers of Badgr) and the University of North Texas have collaborated to produce a first-of-its-kind comprehensive learner record.
As students progress through experiences at UNT, they are building evidence that accumulates over time and, when assessed, will allow UNT to issue marketable skills credentials/transcripts. Currently, these competencies are showcased in a variety of ways, with the ultimate goal being the launch of UNT digital skills transcripts - comprehensive learner records.
According to the IMS Global Learning Consortium a CLR should be:
The UNT CLR is designed with these characteristics as the foundation.
- Provides visualization of student progress and competency development
- Frames the value of the degree in labor/market terms
- Aligns with marketable skills initiatives:
- 60x30TX requirements
- Supports efforts to track student employment and earnings outcomes
- Curricular AND Co-curricular