- Provide a summary of the learning that allows the student to reflect on her education and, from this, articulate that learning to others.
- Used formatively, these records can help students understand the areas of learning that should be completed and the variety of sources through which learning may occur.
- Help students understand the knowledge, skills, and abilities they are acquiring during their education and how those may relate to their uses, after college.
- Perhaps the greatest benefit is the work to
- Identify learning outcomes in all courses
- Identify learning outcomes in co-curricular experiences
- Consider outside experiences that may evidence learning and contribute to the learning attained through the institution
- Help the institution understand how its educational courses, programs and experiences contribute to a larger learning framework of an educated person
- Contribute to a broader system of learning with other institutions through the transfer of learning outcomes
- How learning at one institution intersects with learning at another
Source:"Learner Focused Records", Mike Simmons/Tom Green, 2019 AACRAO SEM annual conference, Dallas Texas.