The Online Degree Audit is a great guide and planning tool that will provide you with a listing of your degree and course requirements, so please USE it!
Note: The online Degree Audit is a great resource, however, it is not a substitute for meeting with your academic advisor/counselor. See the About Advising page to find out who your advisor is. The FAQ can answer most questions about viewing your degree audit
Go to Student Center/Register => My Academics to view your Degree Audit and read the FAQ.
Find out more information about the class, i.e. Honors section, Dallas Campus, Web instruction in Texas Only, etc. Click on the link beside Section (be sure to read the description for course prerequisites).
“You do not have a valid registration appointment” means it is not your time to register. Please check the Registration Calendar to find your correct registration date.
Certain colleges, schools and majors at UNT require advising, so you might need an advising code. Also, if you are on academic alert, probation, or suspension, you are required to meet with your advisor to get your code.
Check and clear any holds in your myUNT account (Student Center/Register). You are not able to register for classes before you remove the hold(s). Every student will have the Student Financial Obligation hold.
Possible Blocks (or holds) on your account:
- Student Financial Obligation – placed on your account every semester. It allows you to read through the financial requirements of the registration process. Just read and click “confirm” to remove hold
- Transcript – placed by Admissions for missing transcripts
- Advising Required – placed by advising office, must meet with advisor and receive 4 digit code
- TSI Advising Hold - (see above)
- Meningitis - must provide evidence of vaccination or must qualify for one of the two permissible exemptions
These are rarely needed. If you get an ‘Error’ message you must obtain the course permission number from the department.
Examples: restricted courses to students residing out-of-state or certain majors
The registration process is not complete until you have completed all three steps that are required and you see a Green box next to each course that says ‘Success’. If you have completed Step 3 and you see a Red box marked ‘Errors,’ then you are not enrolled in that class yet. Read the error message to find out why you cannot register for the class.