There are also other types of advising support services offered on campus that you might want to check out to meet the needs of your academic or professional goals.
- Advising Services at UNT provides personalized support for students who are undecided in their major or would like to learn more about other majors offered at UNT. Advising Services’ academic counselors will assist you in navigating UNT majors ensuring you find your best path to graduation.
*The goal is to make your path to graduation as seamless as possible!
If you’re a senior (90 or more hours) experiencing course scheduling roadblocks that may impact your timely graduation, then the Class Concierge service is here for you.
The Class Concierge will work on your behalf with your academic advisor, UNT departments and your college or school on matters such as time conflicts between required courses or waitlisted required courses.
UNT is dedicated to helping you earn your bachelor’s degree.
Before requesting assistance:
1. Complete all required prerequisite courses
2. Meet with your academic advisor to discuss your situation
3. Complete the Application for Assistance and email it to the Class Concierge
You will be contacted by phone or email within three business days.
Internships enable students to integrate classroom theory with work experience specific to their majors. Students gain a competitive edge in the job market and insight into their future careers. Students can also get assistance in resume writing, job-search strategies, and interviewing skills.
*Contact your school or college for a list of Faculty Advisors
Departmental/Faculty Advisors work in conjunction with Academic Advisors, mentoring students in their academic disciplines by helping them understand requirements in the major, career options with that major, and start the process for obtaining an official degree audit. Advisors for Specialized Program Advisors such as Women's Studies or Forensic Science are also available by contacting them directly for an advising meeting.
Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry, Veterinary Medicine, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapy, Podiatry, Pharmacy, Occupational Therapy, and Chiropractic
Students interested in these professions should schedule an appointment with the Health Professions Counselor. The counselor will provide assistance with entrance requirements, the application process, interview preparation and the required recommendations for professional school.
- UNT offers all of the prerequisites for admission to allied health professional programs in the following areas: Chiropractic, Occupational Therapy and Pharmacy.
- The Health Professions Counselor will assist you in selecting courses to meet the entrance requirements for these programs.
**Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Nutrition/Dietetics, and Respiratory Therapy are baccalaureate programs which UNT does not offer.
Pre-law is not an academic major at UNT. There is no right major for those wanting to go on to law school; any major that emphasizes strong writing and reasoning skills will help you prepare for law school. The Pre-law advisor is available to provide answers to questions about how to get into law school and what you can do now to prepare.
A graduate advisor is one of the first people you’ll want to contact when you’re ready to begin your studies. Advisors can help you choose courses and guide you through your thesis or dissertation. Below is a listing of contact information for the graduate advisors within their respective programs.