In support of student success at UNT, academic advising is a collaborative partnership between advisor and student. Academic advisors use a holistic and developmental approach to assist students in defining, clarifying, and achieving academic, personal and career goals.
Advisors will guide students in:
- Partnering and collaborating with advisors to develop a plan to accomplish their educational goals;
- Understanding and applying knowledge about their degree requirements, degree options, campus resources, and online advising tools and resources;
- Understanding the importance of deadlines, policies, procedures and accepting their responsibility to uphold them;
- Succeeding at UNT by showing up, finding support, taking control, being prepared, getting involved and being persistent;
- Accepting and embracing their responsibilities as engaged citizens of UNT and the world.