- Assessment Commons – Most comprehensive site about higher education resources
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) – Access to their VALUE rubrics, a very helpful resource to many practitioners
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA) – Well organized site that provides reports, occasional papers, blogs, etc. from national assessment leaders. In addition, NILOA features some of the best institutional assessment sites.
Resources and information on UNT’s Core Curriculum is held by the Office of the Core Curriculum. You may reach the Core Director, Dr. Wendy Watson, at 940.565.4413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty credentialing at UNT is administered through the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Chief Human Resource Officer for faculty is the Vice Provost for Academic Resources.
UNT conducts periodic reviews of all academic degree programs in order to promote academic quality and productivity and to assure alignment with UNT’s mission. Academic programs are reviewed in the context of an overall departmental review. The department, dean, graduate dean, provost and vice president for academic affairs use the results to guide university planning, determine program directions, establish objectives, shape institutional goals and promote institutional effectiveness.
The Office of University Accreditation is responsible for coordinating the program review process. Although most programs are reviewed every 7 years, a program can be reviewed outside the typical 7-year cycle, at the request of the supervising dean.
Access to Qualtrics survey software is available through the MyUNT web portal. Richard Sanzone, University Information Technology, can assist UNT staff and faculty with Qualtrics questions at 940-369-7695 or Richard.Sanzone@unt.edu.
Need help with Qualtrics?
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Qualtrics University — offers FREE resources, such as online training modules, webinars, FAQs and other helpful tools. You can also contact Qualtrics via e-mail ;or phone at 1-800-340-9194.
- Ready to get started with Qualtrics? Learn the quick and easy 5 steps to getting started with your first Qualtrics survey!
Specialized Program Accreditation
The University of North Texas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of North Texas.
Note: The Commission should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support the institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard. Normal inquiries about UNT, such as admission requirements, financial aid, and educational programs, should be addressed directly to UNT and not the Commission’s office.
In addition, the University of North Texas offers programs accredited by the following specialized organizations:
- AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- ABET-Computing Accreditation Commission
- ABET-Technology Accreditation Commission
- Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration
- Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications
- American Academy of Forensic Science-FEPAC
- American Chemical Society
- American Library Association
- American Psychological Association Commission on Accreditation
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Association for Middle Level Education
- Behavior Analysis Accreditation Board of ABAI
- Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation
- Council on Rehabilitation Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Texas State Board for Educator Certification