- Assessment Commons – Most comprehensive site about higher education resources
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) – Access to their VALUE rubrics, a very helpful resource to many practitioners
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA) – Well organized site that provides reports, occasional papers, blogs, etc. from national assessment leaders. In addition, NILOA features some of the best institutional assessment sites.
Resources and information on UNT’s Core curriculum is held by University Accreditation. You may reach the Director of the Core, Adam Wear at 940.369.6465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty credentialing at UNT is administered through the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Chief Human Resource Officer for faculty is the Vice Provost for Academic Resources.
UNT conducts periodic reviews of all academic degree programs in order to promote academic quality and productivity and to assure alignment with UNT’s mission. Academic programs are reviewed in the context of an overall departmental review. The department, dean, graduate dean, provost and vice president for academic affairs use the results to guide university planning, determine program directions, establish objectives, shape institutional goals and promote institutional effectiveness.
University Accreditation is responsible for coordinating the program review process. Although most programs are reviewed every 10 years, a program can be reviewed outside the typical 10-year cycle, at the request of the supervising dean.
Access to Qualtrics survey software is available through the MyUNT web portal. UNT staff and faculty needing assistance with Qualtrics can contact HostComputingServices@unt.edu for help.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Qualtrics University — offers FREE resources, such as online training modules, webinars, FAQs and other helpful tools. You can also contact Qualtrics via e-mail ;or phone at 1-800-340-9194.
- Ready to get started with Qualtrics? Learn the quick and easy 5 steps to getting started with your first Qualtrics survey!
Specialized Program Accreditation
University of North Texas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of the University of North Texas may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Please note: SACSCOC should be contacted only to inquire about the accreditation status of UNT, to ask questions about the accreditation process, or to pursue procedures for filing complaints against UNT. General inquiries, such as admission requirements, financial aid, and educational programs, should be addressed directly to UNT and not SACSCOC’s office.
In addition, the University of North Texas offers programs accredited by the following specialized organizations:
- AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- ABET-Computing Accreditation Commission
- ABET-Technology Accreditation Commission
- Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration
- Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications
- American Academy of Forensic Science-FEPAC
- American Chemical Society
- American Library Association
- American Psychological Association Commission on Accreditation
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Behavioral Analysis International
- Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation
- Council on Rehabilitation Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- State Board for Educator Certification