Welcome to University Accreditation
University Accreditation (UA) supports the UNT community by providing resources for regional accreditation; and by providing a meaningful and measurable process for institutional effectiveness.
University Accreditation seeks to:
- Improve the quality of student learning outcomes and the effectiveness of the University.
- Support all academic programs and administrative units through an integrated process that supports continuous quality improvement based on assessment, data-informed decisions, and peer-reviewed feedback.
- Provide training and support for Improve users.
- Provide oversight and resources for accreditation reporting to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and for compliance reporting with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- Report student achievement data
- Oversee and manage substantive change reporting
- Monitor and report off-site instructional locations
- Coordinates the academic program review process
- Provides support and resources to faculty in the assessment and reporting of core curriculum courses.